Here’s a test: Think about the best online casino you’ve ever played at. Next, visit Colosseum Casino. Now, try to remember the name of the other casino. Can’t do it, can you? Colosseum Casino is that good.
Easily one of the largest casinos to ever grace the Internet, the overall scope of this Roman-themed site is colossal. For starters, there are two casino versions at your disposal: Flash and downloadable. The Flash version is, of course, played through your browser and offers an incredible 51 games—more games than are available in most downloadable casinos! In their download version, players have access to a staggering 114 games. Everything the ardent casino player could want is here—multiple versions of Blackjack and Roulette, Craps, Baccarat, Sicbo, various Poker games, and a seemingly unending variety of Slots and Video Poker games—all featuring stunning examples of 3-D imagery and casino sounds.
As if that wasn’t enough, Colosseum Casino offers extensive comps and other UFA player incentives. These include a 100% deposit bonus, a complimentary $10 sign-up bonus, additional bonuses for deposits made via Firepay and NETeller, and a loyalty rewards program that awards points (called “Empires”) for every $10 played.
Unlike other casinos, most of these comps are available for use immediately after you make your initial deposit. Simply sign up, open a real player account, deposit your funds through one of their many preferred methods (NETeller, Firepay, Western Union, Prepaid ATM, and 900 Pay) and start playing with the casino’s money. It’s as simple as that.
For more information or to open your own account, visit Colosseum Casino.
This story was first published in the Winter 2002-2003 issue of Gambling Times Magazine.
The Casino Gourmet
The newly remodeled Limericks Steakhouse on the second floor of Fitzgeralds in downtown Las Vegas offers fine dining in an Irish castle-like setting. No need for medieval dress; casual clothes will work just fine!
But there’s nothing casual about the menu! They offer dry-aged beef, custom-cut in the in-house butcher shop, fresh seafood, chicken, lavish desserts baked fresh daily, and a selection of fine wines. All entrees include homemade soup of the day or salad; your choice of baked potato, rice pilaf or garlic mashed potatoes; the chef’s vegetable of the day; and fresh-baked breads. Here are some odds-on favorites from Limericks’ great menu:
• Double Cut Domestic Lamb Chops – Broiled lamb chops with fresh rosemary in a demiglaze with a touch of mint.
• Emerald Isle Chicken – Chicken breasts marinated in fresh basil, garlic and lemon, broiled and served with roasted red pepper sauce.
• Fitzgeralds Seafood Sampler – Everyone’s favorite—a combination of sautéed scampi, crab cake, orange roughy and ½ lobster tail.
• Limericks Crab Cakes (Appetizer) – The chef mixes shrimp and crab with Jack cheese, white wine and a touch of cilantro, then finishes the dish with a Wasabi mayonnaise.
• Lord Fitzgeralds Cut – 20 ounce cut of prime rib. Hope you’re hungry!
• Steak Dianne – 10 ounce filet sautéed in shallots and garlic with a splash of brandy, finished with demiglaze.
Hours for dinner are from 5 to 11p.m., Thursday through Monday. Best bet seating is between 5 and 6p.m. Reservations are recommended and can be made by calling the hotel operator (if calling from within the hotel) or by calling (702) 388-2460.